Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How do you turn off speaker phone on the Panasonic

Customer Question

How do you turn off speaker phone on the Panasonic Kx-TS105B? When someone calls, when I pick up phone, he or she is on speaker phone?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello Loretta & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry to hear of any issue with this phone.

To help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of this system?

2) WHEN this issue first began - or was noticed?

3) Does this also happen with OUTGOING calls?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see that you have requested a phone call - which is a Premium service offered by the site. However, I'm not near a working phone at this time - to be able to do a call.

But we can continue here - on this form - if that will work for you.

Simply type your response(s), and use the SEND or REPLY button to send that information to me.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use this phone for work. I am a remote call agent. I have had this phone going on 2 years. Is there some way to turn speaker phone off. I do use phone headset.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

OK - let me ask again:

1) Do you KNOW the (approximate) AGE of this system?

and

4) What type of HEADSET are you using (not to be confused with the HANDSET.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Let me ask my questions in a different way.

1) Have you been SUCCESSFULLY using the HEADSET to answer calls, and NOT had the speakerphone come on - since you have been using this phone?

2) If the above is true, WHEN did this issue of the speakerphone coming on first begin - or was noticed?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't know age of this phone type. Head set is Plantronics. I do not make out going calls on this line. Only receive incoming. This just started about an hour ago. I was suppose to start work 12:10 am EST so it was close to that time.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

OK - had you EVER SUCCESSFULLY used this particular Plantronics Headset with THIS particular phone - in the past?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

OK - is the headset actually connected to the HEADSET jack - in the side of the phone?

And is the headset EVER disconnected from that phone - such as when your shift is over and you take it with you (if it is YOUR headset)?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never always with this phone. This is my work phone. I have another line for my personal business.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

RE: "Never always with this phone"

I'm sorry - I don't understand "never always".

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
headset is always connected to the side headset jack.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for that information.

OK - is this YOUR PHONE (and headset), or is this your employer's equipment?

Also, do you normally use to SP-HEADSET button (on the lower-right of the phone) to answer your calls?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is my equipment and yes to your second question
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

OK - very good.

This is really a pretty "basic" phone, and what SHOULD happen when you plug in a HEADSET is that the SPEAKERPHONE will be muted, and ONLY the headset will be used.

So this COULD be a problem with the HEADSET or the HEADSET JACK, or the PHONE itself.

A simple TEST would be to disconnect the headset, then touch the SP-HEADSET button - to see if you hear a dial tone. Press SP-HEADSET again to "hang up".

Then, RECONNECT the HEADSET in the jack (with the headset on), and do that TEST again - to see if you hear the dial tone in the SPEAKERPHONE, or in the HEADSET, or BOTH.

Please give these TESTS a try, and let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you can not help me ok. I thought maybe I had hit the wrong button. Thanks any way.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

I am TRYING to help you - by giving you STEPS to take - to TEST what might be wrong.

Can you REMOVE the HEADSET from the phone and do that TEST.

And then RECONNECT the HEADSET and TEST again?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 28 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)