Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a KX-TGE230 and have a couple problems. 1. My ringer

Customer Question

I have a KX-TGE230 and have a couple problems. 1. My ringer indicator and smart function key continually slowly flashes. I can't shut off. 2. When I press the ACCESS it previously said I was subscribed but I somehow got my own phone # in there and it just rings my phone (it's a busy signal) and I can't remove that number. 3. My phone rings and rings and my personal msg doesn't pick up but a default answers after ~10 rings even though I've reduced to 2 and 3 rings to answer. I DON"T subscribe to VM from my phone co. I DO subscribe to callerID and call waiting.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Sorry - for #2 I should have stated.... When I press the ACCESS button it previously said I wasn't subscribed which was correct.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: how long? I have not gotten VMs left for maybe a few weeks and I think it's maybe because it rings and rings and rings
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I just got the Access button messed up in the last couple days trying to fix this.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do incoming calls actually ring - on the Panasonic system?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE (and not me).
Feel free to DECLINE any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 29 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)