Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My Panasonic telephone is a remote with answering service.

Customer Question

My Panasonic telephone is a remote with answering service. It is posting a message to me, "Messages full." I want to empty the messages but have not found a way to do that.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I cannot find that information on the phone. It is a remote and there is a base for charging. I have looked for that information on the base but am too short to see any if there is one there.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a week. I have gone through the messages on the menu and looked on the buttons on the base but do not find any info for erasing.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have found a place called customer support on the menu of the phone itself That just gives me the website rather than giving me steps to use on the phone.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

NOTE: The MAIN BASE will be LARGER than any "remote charger", and will have a phone cord and power adapter connected to it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That number is *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already paid $5 for this help and had not been informed at that time that I would have additional expense so guess I will just end the deal here. I am sorry that I dumped the $5 and will not be getting the problem solved. Thank-you.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

Perhaps you missed it, but a model number for a Panasonic phone SHOULD be a in a format that STARTS with the letters KX-TG. AND then there are usually 3 or 4 NUMBERS - after the letters.

Unfortunately, I'm not finding a "64828" number sequence.

Could that actually be something different, as I know the model numbers are usually in smaller print, and sometimes need to be MAGNIFIED to see the entire model.

Please let me know if you can find a model that matches the stated format.

Thanks