Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Panasonic KX T7433 and don't know how to change the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX T7433 and don't know how to change the name for the person on that extension
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic KX-TD816/KX-TD1232, It is probably at least 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have had a lot of new employees and have never taken the time
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The previous person how would reprogram for us used a lap top with software, which I don't have
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 30 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The changing of this extension name, will require some things that may be difficult:

1. you will need to know the 'jack number' of the extension, that is, what jack number on the phone system box (the KX-TD816 that you mention) the phone station for that extension, is plugged into.

2. you will need to log in to the phone system box's administrator functions, using the system administrator's phone station, and the system box's administrator password.

If you don't have both of these, the procedure cannot work.

(Of course one could try using a default password, but if you had a previous phone system administrator who has left, did that previous person leave the needed, very much needed, phone system administrator password *****?)