Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I am using my vtech phone with Magic and when I have an

Customer Question

I am using my vtech phone with Magic Jack and when I have an incoming call the vtech phone rings once and switches over to voicemail. The phone does not indicate a missed call, received call, or nor does it show a voicemail when one is left.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 2 years approx.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This has been going on since we reactivated the phone this week. I have read through any manual material I can find and have found nothing helpfull in this regard.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

What is the model of the vtech?

If you pick up the line, do you hear a few beeps or a fast tone instead of or before the dial tone/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

What is the model of the vtech?

If you dial your home number from the home phone, does it provide any messages for you there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dect6.0 and cannot dial my home number as we are away from home and have no service there while we are away
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Dect is a feature, not the model. I really need the model number off the base station, please. It should start with CS or EL usually.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
best guess i can make is this vtech phone is cheap junk and ready for the garbage!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
L CS 6114
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Well that is a possibility, they are not a good quality brand, but he magicjack hardware/service really isn't any better.

What I was getting at with the earlier tests is to see if you actually have voicemail service. If you do, calls are going there, and it is a MJ setting where you need to increase the number of rings.

That phone is a very basic model, it doesn't have an answering machine, so it is not the source of interference or early pickup.

Everything here points to an MJ issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if it is the MJ setting? how do I increase the number of rings....which was my original Question!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

That is something you have to do from home,

from the home line, you dial into the voicemail, when it answers and plays your recording press the * key and enter your password

wait for the prompts then press 0 for mailbox options and you should hear the guided prompts for the answer settings and can adjust it from there.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.