Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I tried to connect the telephone from one room in my office

Customer Question

I tried to connect the telephone from one room in my office to another. I am unuable to get a dial tone, nor make out going calls or get incoming calls.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Have you confirmed with the phone company that the line is operable? What is the model number of your phone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a vtech telephone.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a vtech telephone
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Ok, is it working in one room, just not your office?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The telephone is not working at all. There is a voice message which says "error".
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Does it just say error, or does it say anything else? Please try to describe in complete detail.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
01 November 2016 02:40
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

When was the last time it was working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It says error 23 . Check your connection or call magicjack.com
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

You didn't mention the magic jack, that changes things. Will another phone work in the magic jack? I need to determine if the problem is in the Magic Jack or in your phone. Did you recently have your internet worked on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The cable was moved to another office. Our internet works, only the telephone does not work.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Ok, and does your Magic Jack plug into your router, or into USB on your computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The router
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Ok, got it. Since you moved, it means your IP address has changed. It doesn't know where it is, so that's why it isn't working. You'll need to set it up again. Plug the USB end into your computer, and follow the prompts to set it up, just like you did the first time you set it up.

This will renew the IP, and then it should know its address, and will be able to make calls.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The magic jack is connected to the router. I tried your suggestion but there is no change.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Did it bring up a program on your computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no it still does not work.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

It needs to run the program. Be sure to disconnect the cables before plugging it into your computer. If the program doesn't start, reboot your computer. Click here. Let me know if anything looks different.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to sign off. can I contact you tomorrow?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

I am here when you need me.