Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a 4 phone set. One of the sets doesn't stay charged.

Customer Question

JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Probably about three years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going on for several weeks. I have moved the handset from charger to charger. It charges in all the other chargers. I have put fully charged phones in the subject charger. Sometimes they have stayed charged for as much as a week
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I haven't tried to switch power cords from charger to charger.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) Are you fairly certain that this is a "charger issue"?

3) Can the power cords/power adapters be switched between chargers?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had been looking for a charger, which I was sure was defective. When I was directed to a screen that authorized just answer to debit my credit card for a membership, I decided that it was a scam and I left the site. I've bought a new charger from Panasonic for less that you've already charged my card. If the charge is processed I intend to dispute it.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account. But YOU should be able to manage your account by clicking the "my account" link on your side of this system.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

You should also have an option in the upper right corner of that page to contact Customer Service via email, chat, or phone.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your phone system - now or in the future.