MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

It no longer logs incoming calls that go unanswered. This

Customer Question

It no longer logs incoming calls that go unanswered. This happens when I see a call waiting while I'm on the other line and don't answer it. When I hang up I don't see that there was an incoming call.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic -- TGE 270C
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About 3 months. I recently had the phone number related to this handset changed by my service provider -- Bell Canada.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what the cost of this service is?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: If you can't tell me up front, I'm not interested. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 month ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

This is an internal electronic component failure unfortunately.

The memory IC that locks and latches the call, has failed prematurely. Its not common when these are so new , but electronic components such as this one can fail at any time.

But since yours is so new its still fully covered by Panasonic.

You need to contact them using the phone contact information in the user manual for fastest service. They will either fix or replace the phone at your discretion. I would tell them you simply want a new phone. But you should know, Panasonic electronics have been poorly made for the last 10 years;-(

They used to make a great product but not really so much anymore. If they would give you back your money I would go with an AT&T system for the most reliable operations;-)

I wish I had better news for you , I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael