Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Have a Panasonic cordless telephone with digital answering

Customer Question

have a Panasonic cordless telephone with digital answering machine Model KX-TG633SK. After entering all my phonebook numbers, I get a busy signal when calling them from the phonebook entries. What is happening?
JA: How old is the phone? I'm good. And you?
Customer: Just bought it a few weeks ago.
JA: Glad to hear it. How can we be of help?
Customer: Why do I get a busy signal when calling people from the phonebook entries? Now I have to put in each phone number manually when I wish to call them.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I installed the system (a couple of weeks ago). Don't see any suggestions in the troubleshooting area of the manual. What should I try?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, are the "...phonebook numbers..." entries exactly the same as when "...put in each phone number manually..."? No special character such as an " * " ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The phone numbers I manually put in are the same as the phonebook numbers. No special characters.
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

I understand.

And can you please verify that the Panasonic KX-TG633 is set for TONE dialing (not pulse) ? # 1 2 0