Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have a poly com model soundpoint ip 331 it keeps breaking up

Customer Question

have a poly com model soundpoint ip 331 it keeps breaking up during conversation
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: soundpoint 331 about five yeats old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have cleaned the connections at the phone and switch, it didn't help
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have another phone with the same problem,. it is the larger model
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

If two phones have the same problem (since they are both IP phones), then you might be having a network throughput problem, in which the bandwidth is intermittently usurped for moments by other network activity, causing the sound to break up.

That's, of course, if the two phones have not been tested upon altogether another network, and if they have both shown the same defect on the same network.

Another test would be, to completely shut down all other possible demands upon the network bandwidth the phones are using... and see if that cures the problem (if it does cure it, then the problem is not in the phones, but in the network.)

Let me know what you find out, and how it goes, please.