Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I HAVE A PANASONIC PHONE SYSTEM. I HAVE TO NOW ADD AREA CODE

Customer Question

I HAVE A PANASONIC PHONE SYSTEM. I HAVE TO NOW ADD AREA CODE TO MY NUMBER IN ORDER TO RECEIVE VOICE MAIL. I CANNOT FIND INSTRUCTIONS IN MY MANUAL
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Robert, are you wanting to reprogram the Voicemail speed dial button?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I used my home phone number to access my voice mail. Our phone numbers now have to include area code for all calls. I have attempted to make this change and find no instructions on how to make this change
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry, I'm not quite clear on that, because it still sounds to me like you are wanting to access the voicemail.

There is a feature in the panasonic whereby it notifies you new messages, and then can automatically dial in to the voicemail to listen to them. That is what you want to change, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. When you go to access voice mail a number appears on the screen which automatically dials then you need to input code. The access number now requires an area code
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

yes that is what I am referring to as well, we're just calling it different things.

Take your handset, key in Menu#331

press CLEAR until all digits are erased

Save

Off

Then repeat: Menu#331,

key in the NEW access number (including area code), then you can actually even put in a few pauses and enter your pin (ie: 1234) and it will save that too

Save

Off

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Didn't work! erase code and not able to save. Code does not clear
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You have to press the CLEAR button below the screen, then you can press Save, then Exit.

Then go back in and key in the new number.
Alternately, you can press EDIT, then delete the individual digits, and key in the new one, then Save, then Exit

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I've paid and I still have the problem if you have any ideas that may work I won't be so angry
Expert:  Nathan replied 26 days ago.

I had provided some additional steps to you on the 26th and had not heard back.

Did you follow those yet? If I you can tell me where you're getting stuck, I'd be better able to help you.