Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My panasonic cordless phone is possibly 8 years old. It

Customer Question

My panasonic cordless phone is possibly 8 years old. It doesn't have a ring tone, just a quiet static sound. I have had Telstra test the line. They say there is no problem withe line. I do seem to get occasional calls in but I cant dial out. Coulod it be that a new battery is nedded?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Possibly 8 years old. It's model KX-TG5933!LM
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 4 days or so. As I said Telstra have checked the line in. They say it is either my phone or my hose wiring could be at fault. If the latter that requires a technician to visit at my expense.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the main handset and two other extensions. I have tried removing each extension separately but that makes no difference.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) If you have ANY other phones - that are NOT part of the Panasonic system - attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

2) Do you have a DIFFERENT phone socket (jack) - where you can move the MAIN BASE CORD - to see if you get a clear tone?

3) Can you acquire a DIFFERENT phone (and connecting cord) - to swap in and TEST in place of the MAIN BASE?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)