Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My answering machine on my Uniden phones is not working. I

Customer Question

My answering machine on my Uniden phones is not working. I have checked the settings on the base set and it all seems to be in order. I have checked with my phone provider and had the Telstra 101 messaging switched off. I did not ask for it to be switched on. My hand set says the answering system is on but the base set does not. Can you help please
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Uniden XDECT8355 4 weeks old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: sine new. I set the machine up and have been wondering why i haven't had any messages. checked with a neighbour and she has the same problem
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you, ***** ***** want my answering machine to work. I have tried switching of the power. waiting for a few minutes and then switching back on but to no avail
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, what happens when the ANSWER ON/OFF button is pressed at the base unit? ...a couple of times ?