Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.

I am not getting a dial tone. It is because I have a digital

Customer Question

I am not getting a dial tone. It is because I have a digital phone line. Is there a way to adapt the Poycom SoundStation2 to work on a digital line?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: The soundstation is brand new. I am not connecting it to a phone but to a phone line. My phone system is around 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am just installing it. It will not give a dial tone when connected to my phone line. When I connected it to the fax line it worked fine.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, I don't think so.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

The poloycom cannot be configured as a setting for this, it requires an external digital to analog adapter.

This is the recommended part:

You can plug it in at the source (in your wiring closet) or on the poloycom end between the walljack and phone.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is there a fix, I read some where that I can install something on my new soundstation that will fix the problem. Is that correct? if so do you know what it is?
Expert:  Nathan replied 12 days ago.

The fix is to purchase the adapter I linked to above. That is the only way it will work.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 days ago.

Do you need more help with this?