Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.
Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Are both lines of this system currently being used?
2) What "buttons" do you believe may be missing, when you try to program this system?
3) What happens right now, when a call comes in to line 1?
4) Do you have a page reference that is being used - in the manual you received online?
Hi again and thanks for that information.
To continue with troubleshooting this issue, may I ask:
1) Are both lines of this system currently being used, or physically connected to this system?
2) What phone service provider (phone company) do you have for these phone lines?
3) Do you have a SEPARATE phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to the line 1 number? If so, please TURN OFF the answering machine function of the Panasonic, and then place that TEST CALL, and NOTE what happens, INCLUDING the number of rings IF the system still picks up the call AND if the greeting has changed.
I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)