Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

How do I program my kx-tg2740 so that it will answer line 1

Customer Question

how do I program my kx-tg2740 so that it will answer line 1 and take messages.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 10 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Are both lines of this system currently being used?

2) What "buttons" do you believe may be missing, when you try to program this system?

3) What happens right now, when a call comes in to line 1?

4) Do you have a page reference that is being used - in the manual you received online?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have only one line going into my answering machine. When a person calls me and I do not answer, a message is given out that my mailbox is full, and no message can be left. I need complete set-up instructions. I cannot tell you what buttons seem to be missing because they are buttons withstrange symbols over an O or an N, among other things. I was at page 84 of the instruction manual.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic KX-TG 2740.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since mt computer crashed. i have not really tried anything, as I had no intsructions and no idea of what to try.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please do not try to call for the next 1/2 hour. I have some business to attend to. I am a neophyte as far as things electronic are concerned, so I need complete guidance.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 9 days ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

To continue with troubleshooting this issue, may I ask:

1) Are both lines of this system currently being used, or physically connected to this system?

2) What phone service provider (phone company) do you have for these phone lines?

3) Do you have a SEPARATE phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to the line 1 number? If so, please TURN OFF the answering machine function of the Panasonic, and then place that TEST CALL, and NOTE what happens, INCLUDING the number of rings IF the system still picks up the call AND if the greeting has changed.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 4 days ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-