Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

My phone is out! Says line in use but I don't have a line in

Customer Question

my phone is out! Says line in use but I don't have a line in use. Checked all connections and they are in tightly. What can I do to get back phone service or is it on your end????
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  GeekGal replied 12 days ago.

Hi Annette. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. I will do my best to help you. Do you have more than one phone connected to your telephone lines? If so, please check each one to make sure that none are off hook. If you still have the problem, please unplug all phones, wait 5 minutes, then plug one of them back in and test for a dial tone. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 12 days ago.

Hi Annette, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the make and Full model # of your phone system?

Also its approximate age?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Motorola, 4 years old.

Thanks for that but I need the full model # number to assist you correctly;-)