Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have done the instructions for adding my add on phone to

Customer Question

I have done the instructions for adding my add on phone to my base one cs689 and it continues to say failed, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Where was this handset purchased from, and what did/does it display when charged up?

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system already, and that work properly?

3) Are you REPLACING a failed handset, or just trying to add an additional handset to the system?

4) Did you SEE the handset TRYING to register - when placed in the main base unit?

Thanks

(im)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
phone purchased from 101phones.com 2. when fully charged phone stated to register HS see manual,I have only the base phone 4. I was trying to add as an additional 4. yes it tried to register but failed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
forget it this is very frustrating and gives me no satisfaction at all this transaction is ended and I expect no further contact from you at all
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see your phone call request, but I'm not near a working phone right now. Another expert MAY respond to your request at any time.

With only one handset in the current system, and just this one "additional" handset, it would be hard to determine if the Main Base unit is preventing the addition OR if the handset itself is the cause.

Since these systems are relatively inexpensive, what I would really recommend it is returning the handset for a refund (or credit), and purchasing a "system" of the same model that has the total number of handset you want with the system.

As an example of what's out there, I have a link to Amazon where I did a search for the main model number (CS6829), where you can see a few "-2" systems (come with two handsets), and get a feel for the pricing.

Click Here for Amazon Search results --> http://amzn.to/2e93fAG

NOTE: While searching for that model number, I also saw a few listed a possible LOCAL stores - such a Walmart. So if you have any of those stores in your area, you may want to make a call and see what they have in stock.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)