Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

KX PRL262 I have this phone and have enjoyed it for years.

Customer Question

KX PRL262I have this phone and have enjoyed it for years. The "Link to Cell" feature is done through bluetooth, right??? So why would it suddenly stop working ???
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

What phone are you using?
Does it show as paired in your phone settings?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've called Panasonic and they tell me that since the iPhone 6S upgraded to the ios 10.0.2, that it will not work. The thing that confuses me, is that it is connected through bluetooth, so I don't understand why the operating system would matter ??????
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for the information, but what they have told you is absolutely correct.

Yes, the phones do interface via bluetooth, but bluetooth compatibility does change along with the firmware on the phone, as new encryption and security standards are put in place for example.

Because the Panasonic is an older model, and has no provisions for being able to be updated, the newest ios did indeed "break" compatibility with the link2cell feature.

Downgrading to the prior ios version would be the only option here, other than buying a new future panasonic model that would be updated for ios10, at the moment though none are compatible, or waiting on a potential future firmware update on the iphone that would incorporate panasonic compatibility, which is unlikely.

My apologies for the news.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Brenda?