Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?

I have an older Comdial Impact 8024 S (KSU) system, with 13

Customer Question

I have an older Comdial Impact 8024 S (KSU) system, with 13 phones. This system has worked great and there is no serious problem with the current set up. But we have two issues. We have three phones at station 17, 18 and 21 and we can't turn off the ringer. We can turn the volume down on the phone (and it says ringer off) but they still make one little "chip" when the phones ring. We want to stop this annoying "chirp". And the second issue is we want to program station 15 so we have the option to turn that ringer on if we need to hear it. (Currently the phones are set up to only ring at the front desk - station number 10. -except for those three we don't want to ring.)
I have reviewed several manuals and guides to using the system and how to program the phones but I cannot find how you program just one phone to turn the ringer on or off. Again, I know with the phones where the ringer is on and we want off, you turn the volume control on the front of the phone, down all the way to "turn it off" -- but they still "chip" and it is distracting in those offices. There is a way to disable the ringer completely and it doesn't make a sound at all.
I'm sure there is a way to program the system or phones to turn the ringer on and off but I can't find it.
So, if you're familiar with Comdial Impact phones (8024S-PT model) this will be a piece of cake to fix. If you're not familiar with it, it might take some digging.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I have some other projects that I'm working on. I will check my computer for your answer in another half hour or so. Our time here is 11:03amThanks for your helpLarry
Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 19 days ago.

Sorry for the delay, did you find a solution yet?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did figure out how to change the ringers on the phones. I left a message - cancel my question but I don't see that message. (I left it a couple of hours after I posted the question.)