Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a panqasonic phone system model # KX-TGE30 when

Customer Question

I have a panqasonic phone system model # KX-TGE30 when people call me it goes directly to voicemail the phone does not ring and i cannot get into my voicemail to get my message help
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with (looks like you may have missed a number)? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

2) WHEN was this issue first noticed?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices that are not part of the Panasonic system (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model KX-TEG30 It was first noticed this afternoon Provider is AT%T no other devices
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - MOST Panasonic system models are a few letter and then at least 3 number - such as KX-TGE123. So if you can find the MAIN BASE (connected to the phone line) and confirm, that would be great.

BUT, can you tell me if your AT&T service is "old style" (WIRED), or is the service via U-Verse?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
mODEL KX-TGE230
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

OK - very good. - that is a valid model I can see.

Also, do you have a different phone line (such as a cell phone) that you have used to place TEST CALLS to your AT&T number?

NOTE: I see your call request and can call you in a few minutes (not near a phone right now).

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

I tried to accept your call request, but see a "payment failure" for that call, meaning you may need to clear a security issue with your bank or increase the deposit.

BUT, we can still continue here - in this text chat format - if you would like.

Just let me know the responses to my last questions, where were:

1) can you tell me if your AT&T service is "old style" (WIRED), or is the service via U-Verse?

2) do you have a different phone line (such as a cell phone) that you have used to place TEST CALLS to your AT&T number?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my cell numer is 1(###) ###-####
Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - I don't need to know your cell number, but just that you have a cell phone that YOU can use to call your AT&T number.

So the NEXT STEP is to DISCONNECT ALL PHONE CORDS from ALL phone jacks in your home (and leave them disconnected).

WAIT about 5 minutes, and then (while the phone cord is still disconnected) place a NEW TEST CALL to your AT&T number, and let me know what you hear (does it still go directly to voicemail OR do you hear "ringing" in the cell phone).

Please do that TEST for me, and let me know what you hear.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 5 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)