Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I recently talked to a representative about issues with

Customer Question

I recently talked to a representative about issues with recent price increases, the rep. gave us the option of reinstating our home phone with a package to decrease the monthly bill. Makes no sense to me but whatever. The home phone was to be restored as of 9/21/16. Just picked up the phone to see if it was working, it isn't. He also gave us an activation code, but no instructions when or how to enter the code. Can you help? David ****************
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: Two to three years, it was very new when we had to land line dis-connected.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just within the hour walked by the phone and decided to pick it up to see if there were a dial tone.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing that I think of at the moment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What phone service do you have, please? is it FIOS, Comcast, digital, MagicJack, UVerse, or something else?

And what company do you get the phone service from, please?