Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.
Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) WHEN did this issue first begin, or was noticed?
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this same issue?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?
Please REPLY using the box below.
I can not offer remote tech support - sorry about that.
If you can reply to my questions above, we can continue in this "chat" format.
2) do ALL handsets have this same issue?
Hello, Greg had to step out for a moment and asked me to check in on you.
Embarq is now part of century link, do you also get your tv/internet through them?If so, you likely have a central "gateway" or modem device, can you try unplugging power to that box for 60+ seconds, then test your phone again?
I see my buddy Nathan had a suggestion for you. Did you get a chance to try that - OR understand what he was suggesting?
I just wanted to check up and see if anything has been tried and the results.
Also another question: Do you still have an OLDER phone available or connected to the line - that we can use for TESTING?
I look forward to your response(s).
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)