Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service
Experience:  Software Development Engineer
94796889

I need some help with a panasonic kx-tda50, panasonic

Customer Question

hello i need some help with a panasonic kx-tda50
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: panasonic kx-tda50 and it was recently purchased by the customer i am installing it for
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: my problem is i cant log in with what is suppose to be the default administrator access
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope just general help needed
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Benjamin Larson replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you, ***** *****

You are very welcome.

Okay, my understanding is you have a Panasonic kx-tda50 you are trying to setup.

Here is the setup info I believe you are looking for:

3. The Hybrid IP-PBX has default passwords preset. For security, change these passwords the first
time that you program the Hybrid IP-PBX.
4. Change the passwords periodically.
5. It is strongly recommended that passwords of 10 numbers or characters be used for maximum
protection against unauthorized access. For a list of numbers and characters that can be used in
system passwords, refer to "1.1.2 Entering Characters" in the PC Programming Manual.
6. If a system password ***** ***** it can be found by loading a backup of the system data into a
PC, and checking the password ***** the KX-TDA50 Maintenance Console software. If you do not
have a backup of the system data, you must reset the Hybrid IP-PBX to its factory defaults and
reprogram it. Therefore, we strongly recommend maintaining a backup of the system data. For
more information on how to back up the system data, refer to "2.4.1 Tool—SD memory backup" in
the PC Programming Manual.
However, as system passwords can be extracted from backup copies of the system data file, do
not allow unauthorized access to these files.

So the short answer is - if there is a backup file, you should be able to get the password ***** that since it's not encrypted. However, since it sounds like a new install, I would just do a factory reset. I believe that process is pressing the reset button - page 144 of the install manual has this info:

https://www.voicesonic.com/panasonic/manuals/KX-TDAxx/TDA_50_Installation_Manual.pdf

If that answers your question, awesome! In that case, I would greatly appreciate a positive rating. If you still need help, just reply back and I'll keep working with you to get this question answered! Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK well my issue is i am trying to do the PT programming because i cant find any software to access via usb which is much easier to configure.I am using a T7636 handset to do the PT programming and the login is pressing the program botton *# and 1234 as the default access but its not working, and the other problem is i have an extension card in it and it starts at extension 109 which i find strange it should be 101, really need guidance because i never experience this
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just to note i tried resetting it already only thing changed was the time and date but now i cant even access to correct the time and date

How did you reset the device? Did you hold the button?

Hey, I just found a download for the software because you said you don't have it:

http://wanetelecoms.com/?q=node/9

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i wiped it because its new by switching it to system initialized and pressing the reset button, but what i cant understand is the time and date changed which shows it was reset but why my extension count starts at 109 but when i dial 101 or press 0 it rings 101 i only have in 1 card with 8 extension but it starts at 109 and ends at 116

Did you power cycle it after pressing reset button?

Press the Reset Button (refer to "4.1.4
Using the Reset Button").
• Turn off the power switch, and then turn
it back on.
• Turn off the power switch, and then
unplug the Hybrid IP-PBX. After 5
minutes, plug the Hybrid IP-PBX back

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i did not wait 5 minutes but i power cycled it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the software u sent its not a free one

Well shoot - I'm sorry - I didn't see it was paid software, my bad.

If you waited at least a minute, I'd think that would be enough. Have you installed these types of systems before?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
twice but never experience this my issue is accessing it with the default credentials

My understanding is this system has sd cards in the handsets and what you are resetting is the control station, correct?

I guess I would unplug all network and power cables to everything, then plug in power to the control station and do the reset, wait the 5 minutes and there shouldn't be anything left in memory.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok i can try that and wait the 5 min but i would have like to get a software for the tda50 also

I would suggest contacting the dealer you got the phone from for the software or Panasonic directly since we are seeing people charge for it - I'd get it from the source.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thanks i will

You are welcome. If this works, I'd really appreciate a positive rating. If you still need help, reply here and I'll respond.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i will try it tomorrow and keep you posted

Sounds good!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i tried today to reset the system once more following the guidelines but was unsuccessful i was able to see some kind of reset bloke the time and date but phone extension was still starting at 109 and not 101 and i cant login withe the default access still
Did you disconnect everything? Also, are these units new?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i disconnected everything and yes its a new

I apologize but I am unable to find any further information on this information to help you with this. I will bow out and hopefully another expert will have a solution for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thank you