Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a vtech cs6719. How do I retrieve messages? How do I

Customer Question

I have a vtech cs6719. How do I retrieve messages?
How do I delete messages?
How do I get a complete manual that tells me the above?
Thanks
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones and message system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? I only ask because my notes indicate that particular system does NOT have a built-in Answering system.

2) Do you have a SEPARATE answering system that takes messages?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
model1;cs6719-16
sn sk506830231
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

Thanks for that confirmation of the system model number.

As mentioned earlier, this particular system does NOT have a built-in Answering system.

So I will assume that you have a SEPARATE answering system of some kind - either as a stand alone device in your home OR a "Voicemail System" - which is a SERVICE/FEATURE of your phone service provider.

If this IS your provider's Voicemail System, they should be able to provide you will DETAILED instructions on how to retrieve your messages, and those can usually be found on the provider's web site, or perhaps on an instruction sheet what was given to you when you started your service.

But I can tell you that MOST service providers allow you to dial an "Access number" to get your messages and then have you enter a "security code" to get into your messages.

That access number MAY be a separate number OR your own phone number OR perhaps just lift a handset, listen for a dial tone, and then dial * 9 8 (or *99).

Again, your SERVICE PROVIDER should have DETAILED instructions for you, so I would recommend checking their web site OR contacting their Technical Support folks to get those instructions.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My phone does have an answering system. To get the messenges I need to put in a number and also to erase it takes another number. I have used it before successfully but unfortunately I have lost the numbers to use. I see you are unable to help me which I don’t understand. Thank you for trying.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 8 months ago.

Hi again,

I asked earlier:

What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

If I know the answer to that question, I may be able to give you more direction.

It sounds like what I mentioned - where the service provider has a "Voicemail" system that is storing your messages, and your service provider SHOULD have full instructions available.

Please let me know your provider so we can go further to help you.