Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Screen on - no words seen, kx-tga1018 around 2 years, quit

Customer Question

screen on - no words seen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: kx-tga1018 around 2 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: quit long did nothing
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: any suggestions?
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is the problem with tga-1018? the screen is on but no words or signs are seen...
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
panasonic kx-tga-1018
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

NOTE: I suspect the number you have there is KX-TGA101B (where the last character is a "B"), and that is for one of the CORDLESS handsets.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

3) Can you still answer calls and have conversations with this handset?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello G.
Sorry for being off-line.
the full details are:
panasonic
model no' kx-tga101s
fcc id:
acj96nkx - tga 101http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/KX-TGA101S.htmlI have 2 cordless phone.
the first is on the wired basement and the other one (screen on-display off) is on electric base only.the phone is working just fine, but the display....thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello G.
Sorry for being off-line.
the full details are:
panasonic
model no' kx-tga101s
fcc id:
acj96nkx - tga 101http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/KX-TGA101S.htmlI have 2 cordless phones.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

No worries about being offline.

If you haven't already tried NEW rechargeable batteries (fully charged) in this one handset, OR swapping the batteries with the WORKING handset, that is the first thing I would try.

BUT, if the display is ON, but no letters or icons are showing (like the working handset), then the display or circuits that drive it may have failed.

Since this system is past its 1-year warranty period, I suspect it would cost much more to repair this handset than to replace it - with a "used" handset of the same type.

I have a link below to an Amazon listing, where there are NEW and USED handsets of this type listed. You may want to take a look at both and see what suits you best.

Click here --> http://amzn.to/2cRn8Rw

NOTE: Once you have the handset, it will need to be "registered" to the base unit, so that it will operate properly. If you need help with that, let me know the model of the MAIN BASE of the system, and I can give you those steps.

Please let me know what you find with the battery change/swap, or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, and a SUBMIT button, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi G.
I have already tried switching or replacing the batteries. It didn't help.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - that would CONFIRM that the display circuits have failed, and replacing the handset would be the next step.

This assumes that you want to KEEP this system and not replace it with a newer model. I only mention this because sometimes a newer model - with multiple handsets - can be less expensive than replacing a single handset.

Here is that link again to Amazon, where replacement handsets are listed.

Click here --> http://amzn.to/2cRn8Rw

Please let me know what you find or if you have more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)