GeekGal
GeekGal, Telephony Systems Manager
Experience:  15+ years Experience Supporting Phone Systems
76665483

I have just moved to a senior's facility and want to change

Customer Question

I have just moved to a senior's facility and want to change my message. I own an old Panasonic KX -TG2584 plus a vetech digital (HD Audio) and need help making the conversion. William S Brown
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning William. My name is***** see that you have had to wait a bit for an answer. I apologize for that. I will do my best to help you.

To change the greeting on your Panasonic KX-TG2584 on the base unit, you simply record a new message using the following steps:

1. Press (FUNCTION/EDIT).
  2. Scroll to “Set answering” by pressing the left or right arrow keys.
  3. Press the right arrow key to select YES.
  4. Press the right arrow key at “Greeting record”.
  5. “Record greeting after the beep” is heard.. A long beep sounds.Speak clearly, about 8 inches away from the MIC (microphone). The base unit display shows the elapsed recording time. If you record for over 2 minutes, the unit will automatically stop recording and play back the recorded greeting. 6 When finished, press the right arrow key to END. The unit will automatically play back the recorded greeting. You can also finish recording by pressing (EXIT/STOP). To exit the programming mode, press (EXIT/STOP). To change the message, start again from step 4.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I have attached a link to the user manual for your phone in the hopes that it will be helpful . The manual has illustrations that show the location of the buttons. The instructions for recording a greeting begin on page 23.

https://panasonic.ca/PCS/OperatingInstructions/KXTG2584-OI-Eng.pdf​

I will be happy to provide detailed instructions for the vtech as well but I will need to know the model number.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.