Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a Panasonic 6.0 Plus phone Talking Caller Model#KX-TG

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic 6.0 Plus phone
Talking Caller
Model#KX-TG 6641
#KX-TG 6643B
S/N 1DBXA011406
I would like to know how to get remote messages.
I want to be able from my cell phone to get messages from my land line phone.
I would appreciate the help!
Thank you,
Elizabeth Grennan ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Have you EVER used the remote access feature of this phone system before - in the past (successfully) - from any outside phone?

2) Do you have any messages stored in the Panasonic answering system right now - so we can TRY to retrieve them?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I didn't see a response from my first questions, but wanted to send the following information - just in case you are having trouble responding on this page (emails do NOT get forwarded here).

First, I wanted to send you a link to the electronic (PDF) version of the manual for this system - just in case you don't have the printed version handy.

Click Here -->

MOST of the details about accessing the built-in Answering system of this model STARTS at the bottom of page 41 of the manual, and goes on to the next page (page 42).

- You will need to KNOW your "remote access code". If you have NEVER changed it, the default code is 111 (one-one-one).

- To access the system remotely, simply dial the phone number that this system is connected to, and WHEN the greeting STARTS (and is till playing), enter the remote code - from ANY TOUCH TONE PHONE.

- NOTE: MOST cell phones allow you to enter number keys after you are connected, BUT you may have to touch a button on your cell phone for the "keypad" to appear.

So what I would advise is that you TEST your cell phone before going to the remote location, and make sure this works.

NOTE: There are also details on page 42 about CHANGING your remote access code, and you may want to WRITE THAT CODE DOWN - just in case.

Once you have accessed the system with the code, there should be a "voice guided" menu to follow to listen to and manage your messages. But there are also "remote commands" that can be used, if you don't want to wait for the voice system. I have attached (at an image) the list of commands here.

Please let me know if you can TEST the remote access or if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-