Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I have a Panasonic kx-tgc212cs. I accidentally turned the

Customer Question

Hi there. I have a Panasonic kx-tgc212cs. I accidentally turned the mute key on and cannot turn it off. I did what other sites told me - just hit mute again and it will disable mute - did not work; unplugged base from outlet and phone jack - mute still there. Can you help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Remove the batteries from the phone for 5 minutes. This should reset the phone. Since pressing mute isn't un-muting the phone, that is a malfunction and a reset should solve it. Let me know how it works.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Taking out the batteries didn't seem to help. When I put them back in still get mute.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I had to step away from my desk. Unplug the base unit and remove the batteries. There seems to be a miscommunication between the handset and the base. Leave both without power for 5 minutes, then tell me if it goes off mute.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No the phones didn't ever come off mute even when I unplugged them from the socket and jacks and took the batteries out. I left them out for 15 or 20 minutes and no luck.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

I see the other expert opened the question for other experts to try to help.

If you still need help with this, may I ask:

1) What happens (on the display of the handset) when you tap the MUTE button? For example, does the MUTE on the display start to FLASH?

2) What phone service provider do yo have for this phone line?

3) Do you have any other phones attached to this phone line, and if so, do they still work?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Greg,
I just gave up and bought new phones. I couldn't continue to have a phone on which no one could hear me.In answer to a few questions above that may help someone else - yes the mute was flashing when I pushed it.My provider is Bell Aliant the largest provider and fastest network of in my area. It is not a small company.And all of the phones on my line were experiencing the same problem - the mute would not come off even though I hadn't pressed mute in those other phones.Regards,
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi Therese,

Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Please let us know if you have any more issues in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.