Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a Panasonic two line phone and have two questions. 1.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic two line phone and have two questions.
1. How do I turn off the ringer for line 2, leaving line 1 ringer on?
2. If I'm on Line one and ask my wife to pick up another phone in another room to talk to the person, she can't get on the line. When she presses Line 1 or Talk, she gets a dial tone, not the conversation. I read something about sharing a conversation, but can't find any switch for it. Don't even know if that has anything to do with it.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system(s) you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG.

NOTE: Please include ALL phones in ALL rooms.

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for these phone lines?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
KX-TG9582 - We have a base unit and 6 additional handsets. However we fix the problem will apply to all phones.The provider is Hometown Telephone in this area.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that model number.

May I ask if you have ONLY ONE main base unit, and the six handsets connected to the phone lines?

In other words, are there no other phones attached to any phone jacks at your location?

As for the ringer settings for line 2 (and line 1) those can be "pre-programmed" to be OFF (or any level) using either the MENU system OR using "direct commands". I have attached the instructions on how to use each of these methods, and the detailed table for "Ringer setting" as images. Please give these a look and let me know if you can turn the ringer for line 2 OFF.

NOTE: This must be done on EACH handset.

Please let me know if those steps work for you.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)