Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a KX-TDE series converged IP phone system. I'm trying

Customer Question

I have a KX-TDE series converged IP phone system. I'm trying to have it so that if someone calls in on a specific line, they hear an outgoing message that's specific to that line, and if they are on hold for more than a few seconds, it kicks them to another outgoing message that's more specific to the business unit they are calling.
I can get this set up OK, but when I have the call transferred to the second level 'hold' line with the outgoing message, that message is on a constant 'loop,' so that when someone transfers in, they may be starting in the idle of that loop instead of the beginning of that loop.
Is there a way to enable that transfer to the second level message, but have it always start at the beginning of the message, instead of wherever it happens to be on its loop?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There are two scenarios:
1. They call in and no one is available to take their call. This is where they need to be switched to a "hold" that plays the message we want it to play, but they MUST come in to it at the beginning of the message, not in the middle of a looping message. And, this needs to:
a. always give them the option (as occasionally explained, by the outgoing message) to hit a number to get out of the loop and leave a detailed message if they do not want to wait any longer. They should either be able to transfer to a specific extension (if they know it,) enter a phone directory and search out the person they want to transfer to, or leave a message in a general voicemail box associated with that division.
b. let them continue to hold until a Customer Service Agent is available, at which point it will roll over to the open C/S rep.2. They call in after hours, at which time an "After Hours" outgoing message plays (instead of the in-hours outgoing message that would play in scenario #1 above,) and the after hours message gives them the option to:
a. Enter a phone directory to find the extension of the person they want to leave a message for, and once they find that extension, let them transfer to it
b. Enter a specific extension that they may already know, and leave a message
c. Leave a message in a general voicemail box associated with that division.Would this be easier if I (or our phone tech) spoke directly with you, rather than had you try to answer me through this messaging board?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Apologies, I am unable to take a call at the moment;

let me check if another tech can assist you further with this.

Pete.