Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

Absent phone calls cut off the caller after 2 rings although

Customer Question

Absent phone calls cut off the caller after 2 rings although I set it for 7 rings before cut off. Flashing light doesn't come on so I don't know a message has been left. I cannot get the message, so folks don't understand why I don't call them back.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic Model No. KX-TGA470
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Read the manual, tried to set it up as prescribed. No luck.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: When I tried to do this before, I was told the problem must be with my local carrier. Since I live in a retirement community, all calls come through the front office. Our local service staff says nothing they can do. Should work.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base and START with KX-TG (but have no "A").

2) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have gone through this with Greg before. The problem continues. I do not want to start all over with Just Answer again. Please cancel any charges.L. D. Hawkinson
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No response to my earlier request to cancel charges and cease this communication with Just Answer.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 month ago.

Hi again,

I will send your request to cancel to the customer service folks here. You may expect a response from them shortly, but NOT on this page (with is for expert communication only).

Thanks for your patience.