Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have an nec sv9100 and extension 100 cannot call 101.

Customer Question

I have an nec sv9100 and extension 100 cannot call 101. We're not sure why
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since it was installed by the vendor
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've logged into it and checked programming, but I cannot find the issue. All other extensions can call 101, just not 100
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I think that's everything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps the DND option has been set on the extention 101 phone? Try this on that phone:

1. Press the Speaker button

2. Dial 747

3. Set the DND option:

Press 1 to block external calls

Press 2 to block intercom calls

Press 3 to block all calls

Press 4 to block transferred calls

Press 0 to cancel DND

(and press 0 of course. Someone may have pressed 2 after getting into this function by accident. And it may only affect extension 100 for some reason.)

Let me know what you think of this, and what happens when you try it. (Also, if that does not cure the problem, let me know what you get when you try to call 101 from exension 100 - a tone? nothing? a warning or error message?)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did that already. I can confirm DND is not enabled. I can call extension 101 from any phone in the office, except 100. The error message is very vague when I call from 100 to 101. It says warning message setting.

Is 'warning message setting' the exact message, please? The exact message, no matter how vague-sounding, will help me know what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is the exact error message. When calling the line will flash on-hook, off-hook and then "warning message setting" appears on the display and the audio goes silent. The phone does ring.

Have the user of extension 101 check whether they have any messages.

That may indicate that the extension 101 is set as 'away' and so any call to 101 will be recorded in VRS.

So if there are a lot of messages that consist of nothing but 'hello! hello?' or just silence, in extension 101's voice mailbox, then that would confirm that this is more or less the case.