MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been repairing telephone systems, wireless and wired multi line systems as well as computer transmisions.
11519491

I have a Panasonic KX-TA824 system and I am extension 101.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-TA824 system and I am extension 101. Somehow now when someone calls and they they are sent to my voicemail, my phone rings about 6 times and then goes back the the original phone that transferred the call to my extension and my voicemail never picks up to receive call. Can you tell me what I need to do in order to start receiving voicemails again? Thanks!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Do you have the user manual for your phone system?

In this case you will need to do a reset and pretty much re program the system.

I have seen this model more than a few times glitch internally and lose the proper sequence of actions.

A free copy of the full manual is at this link for you in case you need it:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/119728/Panasonic-Kx-Ta824.html

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great week!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a user manual. When the system was installed appx. 10 years ago, it had to be programmed via a laptop computer hooked to the main system. I do not have that capability to do that. It was done by an outside source and they are no longer in business so resetting the complete system at this time and risking losing everything.

Hi I sent you an offer so we can talk, I think we can clear this up easier that way.

Really the only way to try and fix this system is by reprogramming it. But usually this is caused by a failed component in your extension phone. I know Panasonic phone systems inside and out. I also can tell you they dont last much longer than about 8 to 10 years.

I know this since I have been a hands on technician repairing these phones for over 30 years.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I replaced my phone with another one I had here and it is the same problem so I know it is probably not the phone, I guess since I do not have the CD I will just have to purchase a new system. If you have any suggestions on a system, I would appreciate it. We have 4 incoming lines. We have 8 extensions. Thanks!

Hi who is your service provider?

Ok, in this case, it is the main phone control box that needs to be replaced.

Its not a programming problem Im afraid.

Fortunately you can still get a new main control box for $159.00 from this site:

http://panasonicbts.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/22330-41039/3-CO-Lines-KXTA824-Packages.html?cid=3260&chid=1600

You can call them and they will ship that out to you today or tomorrow:

(800)(###) ###-####/strong>

Save with Extension: 940

I will help you program this one if you need, but it comes with the disk and easy to understand instructions it really is simple to do;-)

Please rate kindly at this time so I can stick with you, also its the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Thank you and have a great evening.

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your help. I will rate you favorably. If i need you to help me with the programming, how is the best way to get back in touch with you? Through email?

Hi, Once you rate kindly, you will be able simply reply to me on here for 30 days.

I will assist you with the programming. But its really simple, the CD walks you through it asks questions like lines extensions etc and you answer by checking the appropriate boxes.

Please remember to rate at this time;-)

Have a great day!

Tech Michael