Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a panasonic that will not keep date settings. It

Customer Question

I have a panasonic that will not keep date settings. It defaults to 1 Jan 2000. The model is KX-TG6073
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: for a couple of weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried resetting, and confrming charge I checked manual and did not find relevant troubleshooting
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: HOw much is the cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of this system?

2) WHEN this issue was first noticed?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Have you noticed any "pattern" to when the time CHANGES - from correct time to incorrect?

Thanks

(im)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Age is several years
First noticed weeks ago
AT&T is provider
We can reset the date, but as soon as a call arrives the date reverts to a default setting of 1Jam 2000
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Since the date REVERTS back to 2000 when a call arrives, the phone service provider MAY be sending that date information for each call - in the Caller ID information. So you may want to contact your service provider and see if that can be fixed.

In the mean time, you should be able to turn OFF the "Auto Time Adjustment" feature of this system (set it to MANUAL), then set the date and time correctly (one more time) and have the time and date NOT adjusted for each call.

I have included the steps to do this in two ways - through the MENU system & using the arrow keys to navigate and using "direct command" mode. These instructions are in the form of attached images, so you may need to click on the image NAME to see them.

Please give these steps a try, set the time & date correctly, and then have someone give you a call - to TEST if the date does NOT revert back to 2000.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Greg, I apologize. Got busy at work and home. I will,try your solutions tomorrow evening
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Very good.

I will look for your results later on.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)