Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I cannot geta dial tone only static, this occured after i

Customer Question

I cannot geta dial tone only static, this occured after i placed a call but never ended. After that the static noise occured> I have removed the battery and also the power source to the phone.I have Cs6419
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 10 minutes I am also seeing the battery icon showing a full charge
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: removing the power source to the charging stand and also the battery from the handset
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: please connect to the phone expert
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 3 years
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.