Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a phone system panasonic model KX-TG93331T, how do I

Customer Question

I have a phone system panasonic model KX-TG93331T, how do I set the number of rings to delay before the phone answers?
Also on the phone the screen shows and up arrow, down arrow and a right and left side arrow.
The screen shows a down arrow and up arrow- what keys do I use to go up or down?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the Model Number of the phone system you are working with? I only ask because it looks like you have one too many numbers in there. Typical format is KX-TGxxxx - where xxxx is a 4-digit number.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

Please try to use the box on this page to send your responses, then click the REPLY TO EXPERT button.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

I see you have opened TWO new questions - which have been closed.

Please try to REPLY HERE - on this page -

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I now see the responses to my questions.

But please post a response HERE - so I will know were are on the same page and can communicate here.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

NOTE: You MAY have multiple windows open on your computer screen, so I encourage you to close any EXTRA windows, and try to REPLY TO EXPERT - on this page ONLY.

Also, I think I have an answer for you - if we can connect HERE.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Are you HERE with me yet?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

I'm still looking for a response HERE - on this page.

NOTE: You MAY have to REFRESH your browser OR scroll up or down to SEE and USE the REPLY-TO-EXPERT button.

Please try to send a response here.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I did NOT see a response back here on this page, but I wanted to send the following information before I sign off for the evening. I hope it makes it to you.

I have attached a couple of images that include some key information about how to set the "ring count" for your system, and a little bit about the cordless handset controls or keys. That is to answer your question(s) about the ARROWS.
NOTE: You may have to click on the image NAMES to see the images.

The first image is the steps to get into the ring count section of programming - using "direct command" mode.
Direct command model allows you to push MENU, then the # key, then a "code" - to get directly into a specific programming area.
In this case, that area is the "ring count". Then the UP and DOWN arrows will be used to "scroll" though the choices (of ring counts).
The UP arrow you see is the TOP of the "Navigation" key (the roundish button in the center of the handset). The DOWN arrow is the BOTTOM of that same key.
The RIGHT arrow typically "points to" a particular selection on the screen, and then you would push a "soft key" (like OK or SAVE), to actually make that selection or SAVE it.
Hopefully that explains those arrows, but refer to the image of the handset keys for more explanation.

So here are the steps - in text format - for setting the ring count.

While the system is NOT in use (not on a call), pick up any handset and do the following key sequence:
1) Press MENU, then # 2 1 1 (enters the "ring count" screen)
2) Use the UP or DOWN arrows to scroll through the possible settings, then press the SAVE soft key, followed by the OFF button. That should SAVE your selection, and then exit programming mode.

Again, hopefully this information and images reach you and help you preform the steps to set the number of rings to your desired value.

NOTE: I usually recommend that you set the ring count to it MINIMUM value (2), and then TEST that the setting actually works, by calling from an outside phone.
Once that WORKS, then go back and set the value to your desired setting, and then TEST again.

Please let me know if this works for you.

And let me know if you have any more questions.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)