Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

My phone isn't working

Customer Question

my phone isn't working
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Here is how this works. We ask questions back and forth until we find a resolution if there is one. We need more info.

Also, if you see a 'remote support' offer auto generated, please do not accept. We need more information before we

can determine if it is necessary or even possible by computer remote session to help.

What make/model phone do you have?

Can you define 'not working'? apps not pulling up, cant sign in, black screen etc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Im sorry, we have an expert by vtech.

Is that what you are referring too?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Okay, perfect. Thank you.

I am going to opt out and wait for him to pick this up.

If you decide you dont want to wait at any point, just update this ticket.

I will try to contact him for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you fixed my internet service, and now my phone doesn't work. I get the dial tone but when I call someone I get the busy signal, and don't get any incomming calls
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is your V-tech phone connected to a MagicJack or is it hooked up to a land line?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

No, what? Who provides service to the phone?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
land line, time warner
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base.

2) IF cordless, How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handset not work?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin, or was noticed?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
model cs 6919-2, I have 2 handsets, right after tou fixed my internet service
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
my phone is hooked to my computer
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - I don't see any previous questions on this site about fixing of internet service, so can I assume that there was an issue with Time Warner services recently?

If so, did they have to VISIT your home to fix the issue, or was the fix done "remotely"?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
fixed done remotely on the phone
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i had good internet connection but couldn't get on it
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had to pay 105.00 to get it fixed
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay.

OK - being charged that much sounds like you may have NOT been dealing with Time Warner directly, but perhaps some other 3rd party service company. It also sounds like in "fixing" the internet connections, they may have somehow "messed up" some of the setting in the "modem" that provides ALL of your services from Time Warner (Internet, phone, TV?).

So what I would recommend is that you contact Time Warner Support directly, either by using a working phone (at 1-***-***-****)

- OR -

go to their contact us page (linked below) and use the "Chat with us" link at the top of that page. NOTE: I'm putting in the FULL link below, which should help get you directly to their page.

NOTE: Sometimes "resetting" the modem by unplugging power from the modem for 2 full minutes, and then reconnecting the power will restore proper operation - IF this is a modem "configuration/software issue". But if something has gone wrong with the HARDWARE of the modem, it may have to be serviced or replaced by Time Warner. That is why I recommend that you contact Time Warner support DIRECTLY - to have them look into the issue(s).

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about this issue.

If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.

You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-