Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

It is on mute and I cannot deactivate mute. I found some

Customer Question

It is on mute and I cannot deactivate mute. I found some instructions online that told me how to reach Initial Settings. But then I was told to press OK but I could not find an OK key.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: A couple of hours.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just found the website I just told you about, then went down to the next link on my Google list and found you.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The model number of my cordless Panasonic is KX-TGA9397. Thank you for your assistance!
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG, but NOT have an "A" in it (that is for the cordless handsets & chargers).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and of more than one, are ALL handset having this issue?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

5) Is the MUTE on the display FLASHING?

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I only ask because when I hear these symptoms reported (one side of the conversation can not be heard. MUTE appears to be on), this is often caused by the phone SERVICE and is a SHORT issue and is sometimes corrected by the provider in a few hours. Otherwise the phone service provider will need to be contacted and the issue reported to them so they can look into it.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-