Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

We're getting a "load default" message on our ATT home

Customer Question

We're getting a "load default" message on our ATT home phones...what does it mean?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I don't know...I'm in northern Minnesota and the phones are at our home in Colorado...there are 4 portable phones purchased from Best Buy about 5-6 years ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None...our renter just called to tell us about the issue so decided to check the ATT web site and told her to check the manual.
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is your phone, perhaps, something like this one?:

If so, a reset for the phone in question might be needed. Confirm the general type of your phone, please - or let me know what it *does* look like more or less or what general type of phone it is - and I will give you instructions for the appropriate reset. Just let me know using the Reply To Expert function, please. Thanks.