Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

It has a day and night program where the day it rings on the

Customer Question

It has a day and night program where the day it rings on the phones and at night it goes to voicemail, right now it is on night during the day time
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: DT 3000
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none at this time
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you will be patient for several minutes more, I am researching the problem.

Meanwhile, please tell me:

- Do the phones on this NEC DT3000 still ring at some time (presumably at night) ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need to set it to day at 8am and night at 5pm
No
The phone is saying NIGHT on it in the screen and all calls are going to voice mail which i can retrieve from there

OK.

Is it an office phone with others?

Or is it a phone that is alone on its own line?

And let me confirm that you have a NEC DT3000 phone, not some other type...?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

One of your office's phones is the 'control console'. It has a button on it labeled 'NIGHT', and pressing that button once will turn Off the Night Mode.

If you don't have office phones, but a home phone, let me know.

Let me know, also, if this is the right answer, so that I can stop finding other possible answers. Thanks.

You ought to be able to tell when Night Mode is On, by looking for a light on the phone that is On next to the Night button. When you press the Night button once, the light should go Off, indicating Night Mode is disabled / turned Off.

Let me know whether that answers your question, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there are 4 phones here and no "Receptionist" phone with that button, i already read that responce on the internet
this just happened this morning while changing the time.
do you know what buttons to push to access the 8100 and it it to shut off the night mode?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not paying if this is not resolved

If you have an NEC SV8100 phone system, I do not know how to reprogram it, beyond that the Night Mode is Program 12-01.

The programming of that phone system would require a phone system administrator password. Your phone system administrator would have that information... or else, your phone system will not be programmable.

Since this information is not likely to prove satisfactory, I understand, but I do not have other instructions to offer, I have Opted Out in favor of another Expert in this category.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already read the manual and know about this. you are not telling me anything i have not already looked up...you are an expert?
Cancel my membership