Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a panasonic kxtge260 yesterday there was a srange

Customer Question

i have a panasonic kxtge260 yesterday there was a srange ring on it when i answered it no answer When i tried to mke a call i got a busy signal the teck from optimum checked everything out & determined it was my phone the line works without this phone attatched is there anything that i can try to fix it
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: about 1 year
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
where is my answer
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have DSL service on the line It woks well If I disconnect my cordless phone jack from the system the line works well The problem seems to be in the cordless phone base or phone
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for confirming.

This symptom does indicate a hardware failure in the base station. We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went home , tried it & it still did not work Any other solutions?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please text me as I will not be near a computer for the rest of the day until sometime tomorrow afternoon
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for trying. I can't text you, we can only communicate here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
answer me now please I will pick it up later
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Since the problem persists even after the reset though, and you've had the line checked already, that unfortunately indicates a hardware fault in the base station.

There is nothing else to be done on your end.

If it is less than a year old, you can file a warranty claim with panasonic by calling(###) ###-####/p>

If more than a year old, it isn't worth fixing - it would cost more to repair than it would to buy a new system: http://amzn.to/2agrn7b

You can buy one in the same series to get a new base + handset(s) then pair your existing handset to it to expand your overall system.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,