Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I just bought a three pack of the panasnic bluetooth model

Customer Question

i just bought a three pack of the panasnic bluetooth model kx t5ge470 -- how do i turn off the function which announces of who is calling
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

OK - I have the instructions attached - as an image.

NOTE: You want to do ONLY the HIGHLIGHTED parts of STEP 3 - to perform the ERASE function.

You may have to click the image file NAME to see the image/instructions.

Please give these steps a try and let me know what happens and if that works for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Please ignore the previous post as the system here cross-posted it to your question thread.

Instead, please let me know the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.

I only ask because the model you posted (kx t5ge470) appears to have some typos in it.

Thanks

Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

I don't usually like to guess at model numbers, but I looked that the model you posted and suspect that should be KX-TGE470, or something like that.

So IF that is the case, I believe the feature you are looking for is the "Talking Caller ID". IF that is the case, I have the instructions below on how to turn that feature OFF (or ON).

NOTE: These instructions/steps should be performed using the cordless handset.

To turn off Talking Caller ID at EACH of the handsets:
Pick up the handset while NOT on a call and

1) Press MENU # 1 6 2,
2) Press the UP[▲] or DOWN[▼] to turn the handset Caller ID on or off.
3) Press SAVE (to save the setting)
4) Press the OFF button
NOTE: EACH handset is programmed individually. That is some handsets can have this feature ON, while others have it set to OFF.

To turn off Talking Caller ID at the MAIN BASE:

Using ANY cordless handset (while not on a call)
1) Press MENU # * 1 6 2, (notice the extra * key)
2) Press the UP[▲] or DOWN[▼] to turn the base Caller ID on or off.
3) Press SAVE (to save the setting)
4) Press the OFF button

I also have a link to a video that shows the steps to turn OFF the Talking Caller ID feature for EACH handset. So if ALL the handsets are making these announcements, you may have to do these steps on EACH handset - to turn this feature OFF.

Click here --> Video

Notes:
The handset shown in the video may not match your current handset, but the steps are the same.
Please make sure the sound on your computer is turned ON and up enough to hear the instructions - as well as see them.
Feel free to play the video as many times as you like before attempting the same steps on your own Panasonic handsets.

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
correction it works go ahead and resubmit ill ok chg if they callcant get it to work(###) ###-####find menu and hit 162 but dont know how to scroll down on select to get to the viewed on off etc
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hi again,

I'm not clear about if you got this to work or not.

Please let me know if you got it to work OR if you need more help.

Thanks