Yvette
Yvette, Customer Service
Experience:  Tech Manager
8649393

I have a vetch CM18445, 4-Line. A coworker was able to pick

Customer Question

I have a vetch CM18445, 4-Line. A coworker was able to pick up on a line during one of my calls and the was able to put me and the person to whom I was speaking on hold. We both got the music. How do I keep others from picking up on my calls. This is a problem.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Yvette replied 4 months ago.

Hello. I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

Expert:  Yvette replied 4 months ago.

I'm looking into this issue and will get back to you shortly.

Expert:  Yvette replied 4 months ago.

Call Privacy is used to prevent another person from picking up on a phone line while in use. By default, Call privacy is set to OFF. You can set Call Privacy to ON for all calls or you can set it on just for individual calls while on the call.

To set CALL PRIVACY on for ALL Calls:

Call privacy The call privacy is set to Off by default. The console allows other extensions to join a call in progress. You can turn this setting on to ensure that only one device uses a line at a time.

1. When the console is idle, press MENU/SELECT.

2. Press ▲or ▼ to scroll to Console setup, then press MENU/SELECT or ►/SKIP.

3. Press ▲or ▼ to scroll to Call privacy, then press MENU/SELECT or ►SKIP.

4. Press ▲or ▼ to scroll to On or Off.

5. Press MENU/SELECT or SKIP to save the setting and return to the previous menu. To exit without making changes, press CANCEL or ◄REPEAT.

To TEMPORARILY Change the CALL PRIVACY setting During a Call

During a call, you can temporarily change the call privacy setting to allow or disallow other extensions to join the call. The original setting is automatically restored after you hang up or resume the call you put on hold.

To turn call privacy off during a call:

1. While on a call, press MENU/SELECT.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ to choose Private, then press MENU/SELECT or ► SKIP. Other extensions can now join the call by pressing the corresponding line key (LINE 1-LINE 4).

To turn call privacy back on during

1. While on a call, press MENU/SELECT.
  2. Press ▲ or ▼ to choose Private, then press MENU/SELECT or /SKIP. The console displays -Priv. No extension can join the call now. If another extension tries to access the line you are using, it displays Private call.

For info on the above steps please see pages 32 and 40 of the User's Manual:

http://cdn-media.vtechphones.com/media/p/document2/products/%7B46DC4DDC-5498-4825-B18E-BE3D2228809F%7D/CM18445_CIB_V1_20150402.pdf