Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

I can't enter the time and date on my answering machine

Customer Question

I can't enter the time and date on my answering machine because I can't find the enter button.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Make & Model Number of the phone/answering system you are working with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Panasonic KX-TGF340
Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

OK - let me look that up for you.

Back soon.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - first, there is no "enter" key on these phones, but there are special keys called "soft key" - which are the buttons BELOW the display on the handsets. They are called soft keys because their functions CHANGE - depending on what is being programmed.

So I have attached the instructions for programming the date and time, as an image. You MAY have to click on the image NAME to see the instructions. Also note that the programming is done using the HANDSET - and not the main base unit.

I have also including a link to a video - showing how this is done on a similar system. Note that the handset is NOT an exact match, but the steps are the same.

Click Here -->

Please use these resources to try to program the time on your own system - using one of the handsets, and then let me know if that works for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has answered your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to scroll UP or DOWN) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Expert:  Greg A. replied 3 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-