Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Phone flashes 88 all the time and no dial tone, I guess

Customer Question

phone flashes 88 all the time and no dial tone
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I guess about 5 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: every thing it says on computer, tried different lines, unpluged
JA: The phone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no I just need to talk with some one live
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What maker and model is your phone?

If it is a phone station on a phone system or office phone system, then do other phones flash 88 also?

Have you tried unplugging the phone altogether, and leaving it that way to reset for about 1 hour or so?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

(Meanwhile, I have asked a few simple questions about the case... if I get the data that answers them, I may be able to solve the problem with a simple response, hopefully.)

(I have looked up the '88' code for just any phone - since I do not know what your phone is exactly.

The results of that search say that in some phones made by Uniden, the 88 - 8 code indicates a defective base station for their cordless phones.

Is your phone a Uniden-made phone? how old is your phone? - warranty might apply to the case.)