Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I HAVE A PANASONIC KX-TG4500 AND THE LINE 1 LIGHT IS

Customer Question

I HAVE A PANASONIC KX-TG4500 AND THE LINE 1 LIGHT IS CONSTANTLY BLINKING AND I CANNOT ANSWER THAT LINE FROM
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: THE BASE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: UNPLUG THE BASE & THE HANDSETS, ALL LANDLINES ARE WORKINGBU
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: BUT NONE ON THE HANDSETS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Phone System Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you able to answer other lines on the panasonic system?
Are you saying you have other phones that are on the same lines (not part of the panasonic) which work on line 1?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't answer an incoming call from any of the handsets. One base phone allows me to answer incoming calls but the other one exactly like it just blinks & if I pick up to answer there is just a busy signal
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

So do you have 2 of these systems? Meaning more than one of the base station with the corded handset?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have 2 Panasonic landline phones & 3 Panasonic handsets. I have my home line as line 1 & other phone line as line 3. I have 2 other land lines that I can answer from but I can't answer at all from one of the Panasonic bases
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay so you have more than one of the kx-tg4500 systems then.

That could be a wiring problem to that base, or a fault in the base station.

Can you please take one of your working regular landline/corded phones, and plug that into the wall jack (for L1) used by the "bad" panasonic base currently, and test if you can get it to still work in that location?

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?