Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

How can I retrieve my caller ID after it was erased on my

Customer Question

How can I retrieve my caller ID after it was erased on my phone?
Category: Phone Systems
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can't dial out from my phone and when someone calls my phone it rings on their side and then gives them a message that the person you are calling is not available to take your call but the phone is not even ringing on my side please help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.

2) WHEN did this issue first begin?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax, alarm system, etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kxtga101s is the model number. I accidentally erased couple incoming calls last night and then while I was trying to figure out how to retrieve the numbers I probably pressed something that I shouldn't and maybe that's why I'm not receiving calls. everything else hooked up is working properly
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

OK - KX-TGA101 is the model for one cordless handset or charger, so can you find the MAIN BASE UNIT of your system (a LARGER base, connected to the phone cord) and send me the model printed on that base unit?

It should start with KX-TG, but then be followed by about a 4-digit number.

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Kxtg2344b
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I also ask:

4) If you have ANY other devices (phones, fax,etc.) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
AT&T all other devices are working fine
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me what other devices you have attached to this phone line - that are working fine?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just a fax
Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

OK - have you TESTED the FAX, to see if a fax can be sent OR received?

And is that fax on the same phone line (phone number), or a separate number?

One more thing: Does the fax machine have a "handset" that can be picked up - and checked for a dial tone?

I only ask because you mentioned that you can NOT make calls from your Panasonic system, and perhaps NOT get a dial tone there too.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 7 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im).