Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.
To help you with this issue, may I ask:
1) Can you CONFIRM the Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit and START with KX-TG.
2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?
3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?
4) If you have ANY other devices (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?
5) WHEN did this issue first begin - or was noticed?
I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)
May I also ask:
AND do you have a DIFFERENT phone available - to swap in for the MAIN BASE UNIT.
NOTE: This would only be for TESTING PURPOSES - to see if this is a phone line issue or a phone issue.
A very "basic" corded phone would be "good enough" for TESTING.
Even a borrowed phone (from a neighbor or friend) would be good for TESTING.
OK - can you tell me what the DETAILED results are/were?
Remember, I can not see or hear what you see or hear, and must be told.
OK - let me be a little more specific in HOW to TEST - if this is a line issue or a phone issue.
1) Find a DIFFERENT phone (basic corded phone is best), to use as a substitute for the MAIN BASE UNIT of your cordless system. (have it ready to connect to the phone line).
2) Disconnect ALL PHONES from ALL PHONE JACKS in your home, and leave them disconnected.
3) WAIT about 5 minutes (after ALL phones are disconnected) and then connect the TEST PHONE to ONE of the phone jacks - where the MAIN BASE UNIT was connected.
4) Pick up the handset of the TEST PHONE, and listen for a dial tone. If dial tone IS there, make a TEST CALL or two, to make sure the line is working.
That is the TEST.
Can you do those steps and let me know EXACTLY what happens as you TEST?