Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I'm having problems with my vodavi starplus sts. I need help

Customer Question

I'm having problems with my vodavi starplus sts. I need help with my CO Line ringing
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What problem do you have with your CO Line ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My salon closes at 8 pm, I need to figure out how to have my phones programmed to the do not disturb mode after 8pm and then to come back on at 8am. Can you tell me how to do that.

Do Not Disturb, as to activation, seems to not be capable of quite what you ask, not on a Vodavi Starplus STS system.

One: the Vodavi system can be programmed to give each phone station a DND button.

Then, the Do Not Disturb function must be activated by pressing that button on the station.

(If no DND button is programmed, you simply activate DND for the phone station by dialing

and then dial 631 again later, to turn ringing back on again and disable DND mode for that phone station.)

Perhaps some other mode would be your preference, if you just want the ringers on all the phones to stop for the night and start up again automatically in the morning. ?

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer. Thanks.)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like it to stop at 8pm and automatically start up at 8am

I don't know if this system has that capability for certain...but, lines can be assigned to ring only during the day.

Would that be a good enough arrangement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know the phone has the capability, it was already programmed once in this same way.

Would you be interested in having the switch to no-ring mode done manually each time on each phone station? or would you rather it be done manually only once, and automatically thereafter ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I would like it to be done automatically but I do have some days that need to be at different times.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can you please advise me on how to set my phones?