Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

My daughter has a att family plan. I have an old flit top

Customer Question

My daughter has a att family plan. I have an old flit top phone that I don't use too in the 2013 car that I just traded in but I cannot it to bluetooth 2016 Honda would not accept it after multiple tries. What can I buy thats cheap from att or can it be reprogrammed by at&t. What is the best way to handle this without spending much aggrevation.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the 'flip top phone' that you are asking about? I confess I don't recognize the term offhand.

Something about its maker and model would be worth mentioning.

What brand of stereo does the 2016 Honda have in it that you want to do Bluetooth connection to? Perhaps a Pioneer AVIC, or other brand/name?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all I know is it is in a 2016 Honda. A flip top phone is just a reguler cell phone . the one I have is from at& t and that's all it says

Then that phone is almost certainly without Bluetooth capability - but I am only guessing from your description, because I do not have a model number for it.

As for a Bluetooth-capable phone to replace it with... something cheap enough... Do you just want to do phone calling with the Bluetooth-capable phone, and use the car's speakers through its Bluetooth-connection and speakers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to call and receive calls. I think the phone is Kyocera.

A Kyocera flip phone, understood.

Are you sure the stereo is Bluetooth-connection capable? does it have a logo for that on it, at least?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A bluetooth is supposed to accept calls and receive calls. Thats basically it. How can i make calls on the phone and accept calls. do you know anything about this. A flip top phone phone has been around for ages. this new car won't accept this ATT old phone and i am just looking for an answer. I had no trouble with my 2013 elantra. If you don't know please let me know.

I am not sure of the details of this case, I confess, honestly.

I have Opted Out, opening it to other Experts. I hope one of them can provide the info you are asking for. Thank you for explaining the details.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Any chance you have a model for the Kyocera phone? as this would help see whats possible.